Sunday, April 5, 2015

vacay

hey foodies, 
so I've been on vacation in Washington, D.C. for a couple days and it's been FABULOUS. one thing that's super hard for me when traveling, though, is my routine healthy eating and exercising. The good news is - it's not impossible, and it's okay to indulge a little bit. :) 
I used my hotel gym and simply did a short 30 minute HIIT workout every day. I didn't have my fancy gym or yoga studio, but this was enough to keep me going. 
here's what I did: 
10 min treadmill - 
3 min @ 6
2 min @ 7 
1 min @ 8 (9 second time around)
& repeat!
10 push ups (so hard)
30 sec plank
30 sec mountain climbers 
30 sec ski jumps (or split jumps)
20 leg lift crunches
30 Russian twists w/ weight 
& repeat!
15 split lunge jumps 
15 jump squats 
20 reg squats (with weight)
15 donkey kicks each leg (with weight)
& repeat! 
------------------------------------------------
when it comes to eating out - have fun! try new things and have a cupcake from that famous bakery down the street. just remember that portions matter and try to get all your fruits and veggies in there :) 
[turkey panini and housemade potato salad]
[chicken pot pie from the BEST farm fresh restaurant]
[nuff said]

just don't forget that your body is your home and to take care of it and you can't go wrong. your health habits should never inhibit your love for travel! so get out there, foodies :)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Foodie With a Booty © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat