Thursday, April 9, 2015

Food for thought

Just taking a little time for self reflection...
What is your fitness goal? To have a hot body? To lift heavy things? To make boys like you? If the answer to any of these question is yes - let's modify. Fitness, in my opinion, is a point of optimum nutrition and self love. Nowhere in this definition are the words "abs" or "thin" or "hot". Nutrition + love, however, are the main key points.
From fitness I have discovered a stronger, leaner, happier me. Eating wholesome foods and soaking up endorphins has done more for my physical (and mental) health than I can ever express to you all. But I did not achieve this without some difficulty. I followed the path of restrictive eating and obsessive exercise. I was skinny, which is what I thought I wanted. But I wasn't happy. How can you be when all your mind can focus on is your next meal, or your next gym sesh?
Life is balance. And eating a cake pop on a Thursday afternoon isn't going annihilate your morning cardio, or make you unhealthy. McDonalds every day? Maybe. But baking an apple pie to share with your friends after having a dinner with plentiful whole grains and vegetables? I don't buy it. There has to be room for happiness.

SELF LOVE. FORGIVENESS. BALANCE.
These are the components of fitness. A desire to better yourself inside and out. Don't let the pressures of media and Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows kill your vibe.

Rock on, foodies. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Foodie With a Booty © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat