Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Yolks

Good afternoon foodies!!
This week is absolutely CRAZY for me, so it's nice to sit and chat with you guys about food and such for a little bit.
This morning I woke up super early (for me, at least) and hit the gym for some weight lifting and HIIT!

Here's the workout sequence I did:
30 sec high knees
10 squat jumps
10 push ups
10 tuck jumps
20 mountain climbers
30 sec split jumps
30 jumping jacks
10 standing squats
10 push ups
20 crunches (or abs of choice)
30 sec butt kicks

and repeat 3 times! :)
If you're super freakin sweaty by the end, you did it right. :) If not, add some more reps to each move!


I then devoured this omelette in about 2 seconds...

A lovely spread of of colors early in the morning, don't you think? :)
I'm still working on my folding technique...


[2 eggs (WITH YOLKS)+ avocado + spinach + smoked salmon + monterrey jack cheese]

Now, something that is very popular among the fitness community that I am definitely not a fan of is eating just the egg whites. So, yes, I understand that the yolks have fat. THAT'S OKAY. The key to a healthy diet and healthy weight loss is not eliminating fat from your diet. That will only make you sluggish, tired, and more prone to binge eating an entire pan of brownies at midnight. The body needs fat, and as long as they're coming from wholesome sources in healthy moderation - you eat those yolks!! It is far better to eat organic, local eggs in their entirety than eat egg whites that pour out of a carton (in my humble opinion).

Examples of GOOD fats:
Avocado
nuts (including nut butters)
eggs
beans
olive oil

Wanting to better your body is a brilliant gift to yourself, so don't treat it like torture!

Have a fantastic day, foodies, and don't be afraid to eat those good fats. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Foodie With a Booty © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat