Monday, February 16, 2015

KALE YEAH

So, it's Monday, and typically Mondays suck. Especially when it's as rainy and ugly as it is outside, and you have loads of studying like I did...
BUT, this foodie hit up the motherland today (AKA Trader Joes)...

and so I exploded into cooking action and whipped up THIS for dinner:


[Sunbutter + cinnamon sweet potato, Spinach and Kale sprout salad + beets + hard boiled egg + radishes + feta cheese + light lemon vinaigrette]
It's totally a summer salad, but it's just what I needed on this winter day. I really dislike winter.
***Full recipe and ingredient breakdown on "RECIPES" page***

The smell of brussel sprouts sautéing, to me, is the smell of home. I freakin' love brussel sprouts y'all. And today at TJ's I picked up not only brussel sprouts, but KALE sprouts. You heard me! They're basically a kale-brussel hybrid and they're awesome.

I was way too excited chatting up the employees about them who were like, "yeah, we know, it's super cool veg weird foodie girl...".
But really, time spent in the kitchen after a long or stressful day can do wonders for your mental psyche. I just zone out and spend whatever is left of my brain power thinking about how awesome my meal is gonna be, and how happy my body will be once it's nourished with vitamins and all that good stuff.
This morning I had a nice long gym sesh - leg day! I usually don't do cardio on leg day to avoid overwoking my muscles, but I think some yoga might be in order for this evening. Do something happy and nourishing for your soul tonight, and don't let the Monday blues get you down!
xoxo

ps. a song that made me happy today: "Come Back - Yuna"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Foodie With a Booty © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat