Saturday, February 28, 2015

Sleepy Saturday...

Hey foodie bootys!
This girl has been sick for the past WEEK with a killer sinus infection that just wouldn't quit. In times of sickness, when all we want is for our bodies to WORK WITH US HERE and get off the couch, we have to look to our inner yogis and be thankful. Thankful that we have medicine, and beds, and warm homes in this icy blast Austin is having this week. So, I rested and lived off of peanut butter sandwiches and didn't work out for 5 days...but it's okay. Because my body got what it needed and I jumped back into action today. Results:


DID YOGA! I did a couple awesome flow sequences and went the farthest I've ever gone in a back bend, and I'm feeling so much more like myself. I'm endlessly thankful for what my yoga practice has done for my self confidence and self healing. (sorry for bad quality)
 I then rewarded myself with my favorite post-workout snack :) siggis yogurt + kiwi + banana + Purely Elizabeth pumpkin fig granola. Tooooo good.
I also made a kick - ass recovery dinner with a NeW ReCiPE!!! :)


Salmon and Creamy Tomato-Basil Polenta

3 ounces of fresh salmon (about the size of your palm)
salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder [or spices of choice]

1 cup of fresh broccoli
handful of cranberries or seasonings of choice

box of polenta (instant is what i use)
1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (i use multicolored)
a couple leaves of fresh basil
be sure to salt! (usually butter is paired with polenta the ricotta can be a little bland if you don't!)

I cooked my salmon at about 375 degrees F for roughly 20 minutes, skin on. [when baking salmon, you can also bake in aluminum. If baked uncovered, wait until the pink salmon has turned almost translucent.] I roasted my broccoli in a pan on the stove in some coconut oil and spices until tender.
To make the polenta, follow the instructions on the box, constantly stirring the grain in some water until thickened. Be sure to pour slowly! Once the polenta is finished cooking, immediately stir in the tomatoes, basil, and ricotta so that they warm into the grain. Let set for 5 minutes, and then serve! 

Simple, easy, and takes less than 30 minutes on a busy school/work night. I have no sympathy for people who use "no time" as an excuse not to eat wholly and healthfully. You have to make time. And it is possible with a busy schedule! It just takes planning on your grocery trips, and maybe getting up a little earlier in your day. :) 
Have a fantastic evening, and don't worry about whatever it is you're worrying about - you still have Sunday!
ps. Y'all be sure to check me out my instagram if you haven't already! It features more day-to-day foodie things that don't always make it to the blog [link on the home page]
xoxo

Something happy to think about: twinkle lights

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Foodie With a Booty © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat