Friday, February 13, 2015

It's been a while...

Foodies, I have missed you!

School has been taking up quite a bit of my time lately, but I am back with a vengeance and excited to share my foodie adventures with you guys. Also, I've been working on my daily fitness routines and how I can share them with y'all! So, be looking forward to some kick ass HIIT work outs and schedules! :)

Here's a segment I like to call: Since I've Been Gone

There has been much adventuring in Perdinales Falls State Park:

Cheat days at Hut's burgers:

Abs, abs, and more abs:

 and BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHILI (yeah) (recipe at the end of the post):
 Studying + selfies:
Breakfast/brunch at 24 Diner:
 Random luhhhhve veggies for dinner:
 And my favorite kind of post workout protein!:
I think that gives a pretty solid snapshot of my life over the past couple of months. I have been working very hard to keep my diet consistent and heart rate pumping. :) Now, as I know you are dying for that chili recipe I kinda sorta just made up:

Butternut Squash Chili

1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
roughly 2 cups of cubed butternut squash (I used Trader Joes pre-cut package and just dumped it in)
1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
spices: salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder (I use the eyeball-and-taste method of measuring)

to top it off:
1/2 avocado
1/4 cup shredded jack cheese 

If you'd like, mix it all up to get the cheese melty all over the spoon! (the best part).


Recipes are best when they are quick, easy, and mostly require just heat and cans.
Have a LOVELY day foodies, and stay tuned for some valentines treats and a HIIT workout coming your way! 
xoxoxo
Food for thought:
"Take time to do what makes your soul happy." - Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Foodie With a Booty © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat