Wednesday, December 24, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!

Merry almost-Christmas, foodies!! 
I've been running wild wrapping presents and baking before all of the family gets here tonight. 
This time of year it can be super difficult finding time to eat healthy and work out - but I've got some tips for you! 
1. cut back on the eggnog! alcohol can really promote bloating and weight gain. make sure to keep your intake limited. 
2. get all your food groups in. when your family busts out the buffet, don't put yourself into carb overload! make sure to get your share of veg and dairy as well. 
3. enjoy your sweets! just not too much. limit yourself to one amazingly delicious dessert a day. you'll get to try everything without the post Christmas guilt. 

and as for working out....my only advice is to get up early. that's the only time I can ever find enough peace and quiet to slip away for a run or some gym time - such as this morning! 
[the stair stepper is great cardio and a fun way to get your heart rate up!! I did it for only 10 minutes and almost burned 200 calories!]

But of course I've also made time for the love of my life....
[pictured: AWESOME coffee at the 24 diner in Austin, TX!] 
are you guys enjoying time to lounge and sip and munch on peppermint flavored things this winter?! ENJOY this Christmas with your families and kitchen aids. Here's a sneak peek of the dessert me and my mom are putting together tonight...

chocolate cake + raspberry + chocolate frosting

yep. it's going to be epic. Merry Christmas Eve, yall. 
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Foodie With a Booty © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat