Saturday, February 14, 2015

HAPPY V-DAY!

Hello my lovey, dovey foodies!

As you all know today is valentines day, so some of us are giggling around town with our S/O and some of us...well I have decided to make the most of the good vibes floating around town today. Starting with brunch:

[greek - greek yogurt pancakes + sun butter drizzle + berries&banana + walnuts, chicken apple sausages by Applegate Farms]

This was probably the easiest low carb - low sugar pancake recipe I've ever tried!! I halved the recipe since it is just little old me this V-day, but the full recipe feeds 12! The pancakes are a more traditional Greek style, and come out very thin and floppy (which, in my opinion, is an excuse to eat more of them ;)). I greased my pan with coconut oil as opposed to canola oil.

Greek style greek yogurt pancakes

1 egg (with the yolk!)
3/4 cup greek yogurt
4 - 5 tbsp of flour
1/2 tbsp of sugar (or alternative sweetener if you prefer)
1/2 tsp baking powder (for fluffiness)
sprinkle of salt

Cook on low heat (around 4 -5 on my stove), and  spoon about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan for each pancake.

Top with berries, nuts, or powdered sugar if you'd like!


And now, I am going to get in some killer cardio to set me up for the rest of my day. More on that later - now you kids go have some fun and spread the love!
xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Foodie With a Booty © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat