Wednesday, December 10, 2014

What a morning

Goooooood morning my fantastical foodies,

Today is already a great day. My one and only final is tomorrow, so to precede a dreadful day of notebooks and red ink, I decided to have a great morning.
Being a runner, I'm not sure there is any greater feeling than my feet trudging over pavement, grass, dirt - really anything as long as my heart is racing. Today I did about 6 miles - and at a new record I might add!! :) 
English muffin (whole wheat) + banana + peanut butter + avocado + crushed pepper

There if often much debate about the best thing to eat after a heavy workout or run. I am completely against protein shakes as a meal replacement (mostly because I love food too much), so in general i like to follow two rules: 1) carbs, 2) protein. And that's it! Fat is good too, but it usually accompanies the other two in some shape or form! Additionally I love the whole chocolate milk as a recovery drink thing, so I participate in that a lot too. :) I drink fat/lactose free Mootopia chocolate milk from HEB, not because I'm lactose intolerant or anything but just because it's thinner and a little easier on the post-run tummy. 
That's all for today foodies, make it a great one! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Foodie With a Booty © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat