Thursday, December 11, 2014

Wine not?

Any wine foodies out there?! 
I live in a small city apartment in which the only access to outside life is my even smaller balcony. SO, when I go visit my parents, I basically live on their giant, gorgeous porch. This past visit included a lot of reading on my Nook (Barnes and Noble) with a glass of wine. Now, I know there tends to be a lot of alcohol hate with my fellow health nuts out there...
[NOTE: pictured above is a white wine, but it's actually red wines like cabernets and noirs that provide optimum benefits]
But, did you guys know that wine actually has proven health benefits? (in moderation, like anything else). Wine is made from grapes, as well all know, and contains antioxidants called polyphenols that lead to lower cholesterol and heart health. A glass or two of wine a couple nights a week can prove to be beneficial in reducing blood clotting as well while giving you that extra boost in heart health. Nobody ever said being healthy and taking care of your body means giving up those indulgences that you love! 
specialneedsparenting.net
There has been talk of visiting California this summer for my mom's birthday to hit up some vineyards- cross your fingers for me!
Have a fantastic day, foodies, and close it down with a glass of wine. :) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Foodie With a Booty © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat