Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Hikes + Cajun

Hello foodies!! 
Today rocked. 
Yeah. Beautiful, right?! Me and my friend went to Old Man's cave in Ohio today and found this gorgeous waterfall. We eventually found our way to the top and did a little meditating - nature never ceases to amaze. I hope this encourages you guys to GET OUT THERE! :) 
[dripping water created indentions in the rock - including that preciously perfect heart] 
Love nature and it will love you back. 
After our whirlwind adventure and much driving, we hunted down a little Cajun shack in Arkansas for dinner before heading back...
[grilled shrimp + dirty rice + steamed veggies]
Let's just say the mama of this restaurant didn't let us down. 
[corn fritters]
Any time I travel, I try to find the most local, authentic, hole in the wall places. They typically have the best mom and pop type of feel and the BEST FOOD! I try to eat as healthy as I can, so I chose the grilled shrimp with veggies instead of fried shrimp with potatoes. The healthier option can still be delicious!!! Get out there, not only in nature, but in your nourishment as well!! 
I MUST sleep for more driving tomorrow, but you guys have a fantastic night/day. I'll be back with more food adventures im sure... :) 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Foodie With a Booty © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat