Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Got muffin top?

Good morning, foodies! 

So last night (while I should have been studying) I decided to instead do some stress baking. Have you ever tried it? Works better than most things! After a long and tiring arms workout I decided I deserved a little carbo load. 
Today I did a simple circuit several times through: 
10 bicep curls
10 overhand curls
10 hammer curls
20 dips 
20 tricep pulls (with the cable machine) 
10 pull ups 
10 shoulder presses
In addition I did some abs and cardio, but we'll get more into that later. 

I badgered my lovely mother into giving me her recipe for cranberry orange muffins...MY FAVE. I think they turned out pretty moist and, quite frankly, freakin delicious. 
As you can see, me and my roommate already taste tested some of them...
YUM! 

I am constantly reminded how lucky I am to have had my mother teach me how to cook and bake at a very young age. She claims my baked goods are better than hers now.... which is probably not true but flattering either way. 
(She's also a selfie queen)

Who taught you to cook? Bake? Sparked your interest in health, or food in general? Be thankful. And be sure to thank THEM. There's nothing more precious than the relationships we share with loved ones!! Go and make a new one today. 
Until next time, xoxo

Food for thought: "Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all." -Julia Child

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Foodie With a Booty © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat